walking with special walking poles which involves 90% of the body muscles. Compared to regular walking, Nordic walkers use more of their entire body muscles and receive fitness building stimulation not present in normal walking for the chest, lats, triceps, biceps, shoulder, abdominals, spinal and other core muscles that may result in significant increases in heart rate at a given pace, regardless of age, gender or physical fitness.
For anyone who wants to enjoy movement out in the fresh air throughout the year (also for the elderly and people with health limitations). Positively effects the human psyche, relieves mental tension, helps to deal better with stress and distracts from the worries of everyday life.
HEALTH and NW
- involves the movement of more than 650 muscle (90%) in the body,
- burns up to 20% more calories than when running,
- lighten the load on the spine and joints of the lower limbs,
- is about 30-40% more efficient than walking without poles,
- at the same time trains strength, endurance and coordination
- improves blood flow throughout the body,
- lowers blood pressure,
- improves glucose tolerance and lowers insulin requirements,
- reduces body weight,
- increases oxygen consumption by 46% than walking without poles
Strbske Pleso is ideal for Nordic walking, because while training in alpine environments, the body learns to use oxygen more efficiently.
We adapt route selection to physical fitness clients. We are from Tatras, we take you to wonderful places!
The climate has an alpine character with a tonic effect in relation to the lower air pressure, low air temperature, intense sunlight with clean air, free of dust and allergens. High Tatras climate is healthful, especially for the treatment of respiratory diseases.